CRIN webinar as joint side event to COP-26, 04/11/2021
Alongside the Child Rights International Network and the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child , we held an online interactive side event to COP-26 on children’s access to climate justice. Presenting a justice-focused response to COP-26 that addresses children’s human rights within the broader picture of what it will take to tackle the climate crisis and recognises the role of children and young people’s leadership in the fight for climate justice.
Speakers focused on the avenues children and young people are taking to pursue climate justice, highlighting different ways and means for campaigning, for engaging in policy-making processes at the local, national and international levels, and when going to court.
- Mr. Bruce Adamson, Children and Young People’s Commissioner Scotland
- Emma, Young Adviser to Children and Young People’s Commissioner Scotland
- Mikiko Otani, Chair, United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child
- Maya, Mollie, and Ben, Climate Changemakers: Members of Children’s Parliament, Scotland
- Clément Voule, UN Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Peaceful Assembly and Association
- Jerónimo, CRIN’s Climate Advisor, Mexico
- Yujin, CRIN’s Climate Advisor
The conference is available to watch online: